Thursday, December 3, 2015

About this blog

Shalom and welcome! שלום וברוכים הבאים

My name is Stephanie and I have been teaching Hebrew and Judaic students since I was 14. For the past 3 years I have been teaching Hebrew online for Beth Emet, The Free Synagogue.

I've been an educator for my entire adult life, but for the past 5 years my day-job has been focused on training college instructors on the design and facilitation of successful online courses. The skills I developed to guide my instructors, combined with my passion for teaching Jewish youth, have helped me design and deliver fun, engaging and purposeful online Hebrew learning experiences. I feel very lucky that I have been able to bring together my love of Jewish education and my online teaching skills to create something meaningful and important.

I am inspired to write this blog because of my experience at the iCenter conference this week. After meeting many other passionate Jewish educators, I learned that the need for quality online Jewish education and online teacher training is immediate and widespread. So, I decided to start this blog to share my strategies, ideas and lessons learned. I hope they help! And if there is anything specific you would like to know, please leave a message and I will do my best to answer your questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment